Saturday, October 06, 2007

Superman.

I can't stand to fly 
I'm not that naive 
I'm just out to find 
The better part of me 
 
I'm more than a bird 
I'm more than a plane 
More than some pretty face beside a train 
And it's not easy to be me 
 
Wish that I could cry 
Fall upon my knees 
Find a way to lie 
'Bout a home I'll never see 
 
It might sound absurd 
But don't be naive 
Even heroes have the right to bleed 
I may be disturbed 
But won't you concede 
Even heroes have the right to dream 
It's not easy to be me 
 
Up, up and away, away from me 
Well, it's alright 
You can all sleep sound tonight 
I'm not crazy or anything 
 
I can't stand to fly 
I'm not that naive 
Men weren't meant to ride 
With clouds between their knees 
 
I'm only a man in a silly red sheet 
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street 
Only a man in a phony red sheet 
Looking for special things inside of me, inside of me 
Inside of me, yeah inside of me, inside of me 
 
I'm only a man in a funny red sheet 
I'm only a man  looking for a dream
Only a man in a funny red sheet 
It's not easy 
It's not easy....to be....me

No comments: